Wyoming is a fault state when it comes to car accidents. If you suffered injuries and losses in a crash in Cheyenne that wasn’t your fault, you could sue the driver responsible for causing the collision. Most accident cases are complicated by nature, and it only makes sense to seek legal representation at the earliest. In this post, we are sharing five reasons to engage a Cheyenne car accident lawyer.
- Determine the worth of your case. What can you expect in a settlement? What are your damages worth? Do you have a valid case against the other party? If yes, should you file a lawsuit? These are some common questions that an accident lawyer can answer for you. Most PI lawyers in Cheyenne don’t demand a fee for the initial consultation, which makes it easier to seek legal help.
- Investigate the accident. Just because you believe the other driver was negligent doesn’t mean you have a case. The impact of the accident may make you believe things that didn’t happen in the first place. Let an attorney take over and investigate the case because, as the claimant, you must present proof to show that your losses resulted from someone’s recklessness or error.
- Gather evidence. Evidence for a car accident lawsuit may include photos and videos of the scene, witness testimonies, police reports, and CCTV footage from traffic points. When you are recovering from your injuries, it can be hard to gather all that. You can reduce your stress and focus on getting better by hiring an experienced accident lawyer.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. We all know that insurance companies work for a profit and don’t really care for claimants and victims. If you decide to negotiate with the insurance company directly, you may end up falling for tactics that claim adjusters always use. Get an attorney, so you don’t need to deal with the insurance team.
- File a lawsuit. Most accident lawsuits don’t need a trial. That’s because most cases are settled outside of court as trials are expensive for all parties involved. However, there are some exceptions too. If your case must be pursued in court, hiring an attorney will help your case.
Getting an accident lawyer doesn’t have to cost upfront, as PI lawyers in Cheyenne charge a contingency fee, which is a share of your settlement after winning.