One of the most difficult decisions to make is whether to ride down to the intended location or ship your bike to your location. There are both advantages and disadvantages. Using the professional shipping services to ship your motorcycle can be expensive. When it comes to riding your motorcycle, it will cost only half of the shipping charges. Though riding a motorcycle sounds good, it may not be safe for long distances.
As a result, the only option we have is to have the bike transported to the desired place. So, if you’re intending to export your motorcycle anytime soon and need some fast tips on how to get it safely to your new location, read this post completely.
There are plenty of motorcycle companies everywhere these days. Some of them may or may not provide the best services to their clients. If you are looking for the best motorcycle transport company, choose a company like Ship a Car, Inc. When it comes to this company, they provide both enclosed and open carrier services. If you are looking for more secured services, you could choose enclosed carrier services. Open carrier services do not provide the same safety and security like the enclosed services.
How to ship your motorcycle?
Before handing over the motorcycle to your shipping company, here are some tips for you.
- Ensure that you check the tyre pressure before handing it over to your shipping company. When loading the bike for shipping, ensure that both tyres are adequately filled. The motorcycle could take days or weeks to reach at its destination, and you don’t want to be surprised with a flat tyre. While you are at it, look for the punctures or cracks in the tyres. If you find any then fix them as soon as possible.
- Click some pictures before handing over your bike to a shipping company. Clean your motorcycle and get it ready for shipping. Examine its surface thoroughly, looking for dents and scratches that may already be present on the paint surface. Take a clear picture of it in its current state, make sure that all angles are well captured. It will assist you in the event that something bad occurs during the travel. This will make filing insurance claims a lot easier.
- Empty the fuel tank and keep it ready before someone from the shipping company arrives your location to collect it. Leave around 10% of the fuel in the tank to transport your vehicle.
- Ensure you fold the rear-view mirrors inside. Otherwise, you may find scratches on it.
- If you are looking for budget-friendly services then choose the open carrier services. But if your first priority is safety, choose enclosed carrier services.
- Keep vehicle related documents ready as the driver would request the same from you.
Book the shipping services online always, as it helps you save your time and money. Fill all your details and choose the required date. Their team will get back to you with important information like shipping cost.
Hire the best shipping company today to transport your motorcycle safely!