Straightening uneven teeth or treating other orthodontic problems was costly in the past. Orthodontic problems required people to wear complex metal braces, which were painful and drew unwanted focus to their teeth.
In recent years, the Invisalign treatment has proven to be an appealing alternative to metal braces. This procedure offers many benefits but also has some drawbacks. It costs roughly the same as other traditional orthodontic treatments. If you are considering getting an Invisalign, a cosmetic dentistry in Richmond, IN, can help.
What should you know before getting an Invisalign treatment?
Before beginning the well-known Invisalign procedure, a few essential factors must be considered. What you need to know is as follows:
- With Invisalign, you can access advanced technologies, allowing you to see an illustration of the final result during your initial sessions with your orthodontist.
- Since the whole process might take anywhere from 6 to 18 months to complete, depending on the complexity of the issue that needs to be solved, the therapy is carried out quicker than with conventional orthodontics.
- Since fewer malocclusions occur during the Invisalign treatment, you will be glad to hear that you will have to visit the dentist less often. As a result, there will be fewer requirements for checking your dental health.
- The Invisalign aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours daily, every day, for the device to be effective. You can only take them off when you eat or clean your teeth.
- You could feel pressure or the need to eat more quickly during meals since the aligners have to be worn for several hours each day.
- After the procedure, it will be essential to wear retention devices overnight to maintain your lovely smile. These retainers, comparable to metal braces, will function similarly to the metal wire inserted after orthodontic treatment.
- The Invisalign procedure involves wearing a series of aligners, which must be changed every two weeks until the treatment is completed.
- The most significant advantage of this method is that you can eat anything you want without having limits because the aligners are undetectable.
- The cost of the procedure is not much compared to regular braces. The duration is slightly quicker, though.
Invisalign treatment is a highly intriguing choice if you are looking for an effective and discrete way to straighten your teeth. If you want to determine eligibility for this type of care, contact your dentist. They will be able to help you through this process and verify the level of complexity of the work that has to be done.