Silk bed sheets are luxurious and different from any other fabric you can find on the market. They’re known for their soft, cool touch to the skin that will leave you feeling refreshed in every way possible.
There’s a reason why they’re so popular – it’s because silk is one of nature’s most versatile fabrics. We’ve uncovered ten facts about best silk sheets that will make you want to invest in these luxuries:
- Silk bed sheets are high quality and durable.
- They can absorb up to 500% of their weight in water, which is more than cotton or other fabrics.
- In traditional Chinese medicine, silk has been used for thousands of years as an antiaging remedy because it refines the skin cells and strengthens blood vessels.
- Silk also repels dust mites while absorbing moisture from your body with its antibacterial properties, so it’s ideal if you have allergies or sleep apnea.
- It can be up to four times warmer and more comfortable than cotton sheets.
- Silk is also a natural insulator, which means your body will stay naturally cool in the summer and warm during the winter months.
- Silk bedding garments have been used for centuries to treat various skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis because of their anti-irritant qualities.
- The fabric’s luxurious appearance is often desired by those that want an upscale look without having to spend too much money on expensive materials like silk curtains or clothes.
- Silk bed sheets are not only beneficial for your skin but also environmentally sustainable because of their durable quality.
- Silks can last up to three times longer than cotton, which means they will need replacing less often.
Things To Consider Before Buying Silk Bed Sheets
- Different types of silk bed sheets
Silk is a fabric that comes in many different qualities. You can either go for pure and raw silk sheets or a mix of silk and other materials, depending on your needs.
If price is not a concern, then pure silk is an ideal choice. However, if you want budget-friendly options, you can explore and find the right type that fits your budget!
- Fabric quality
The higher the thread count, the higher the price and the better feeling it will be for your skin to touch.
A high thread count does not mean you’re getting 100% pure silk; instead, it’s often blended with other materials like polyester or viscose rayon, making them feel less luxurious than natural fiber blends (though this isn’t always true).
Higher prices also usually correlate with thicker threads which means they’ll last longer before fraying at the edges.
- Patterned vs unpatterned
Some people care more about having a pattern on their bedsheets, but an unpatterned sheet is a way to go for those who want a simple and elegant look.
The Bottom Line
Silk is the perfect fabric for your sheets. It’s soft and lightweight, which will make you feel like you are sleeping in a warm cocoon of silkiness. Silk bedsheets can be pricey, but they last much longer than cotton ones do, so it’s worth every penny!